Blog from Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
April 26th 2011
Published: April 26th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We're having a fantastic time in France! We are in Paris now but first about our time in Lyon.

Lyon:

Lyon is a fantastic city, it has a section of city which is part of the old Lyon (100s of years), the Metro has stations everywhere, you just go down some stairs in the middle of the city and you're at a metro station, it's quite cleaver really. They also have lightrail that goes around and there are trolley buses which are (for those of you who do not know), Buses which connect to wires above the street. Vancouver has them to. We stayed in a small hotel that was pretty good. There are heaps of restarants EVERYWHERE!! The food is generally very good.

Now to Paris:

We're staying in an apartment in a reasonably busy district in Paris. The city is full of people, and the metro is (like Leon) fantastic! It runs every FIVE MINUTES! I wish Sydney could be that efficient. 99% of the stations and track is underground. They don't have trolley buses here but they do have regular buses. There are heaps of old buildings, most people live in apartments that are above the shopping districts below. We saw Napoleon's tomb yesterday and Arc de triompe, this morning. The view from the top of the Arc de triompe is AMAZING! You have to climb up 13 flights of stairs but you can see everything. The arcetecture of having it in the middle of a roundabout is good. You can see at least 8 roads branching out in all different directions.

We've got to go and see the Effiel Tower now. Gotta go,

Dion

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb