Spring Break in Europe - Paris, France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
April 8th 2004
Published: April 6th 2011
Edit Blog Post

8 April 2004 Thursday. We caught the 7:15 am P&O ferry from Dover to Calais, where we lost an hour due to time change. We drove directly to Paris where we fought traffic to the center of the city.

We found a perfect parking spot at the lower end of the fountains in front of the Palais de Chaillot, across from the Eifel Tower. We caught the metro to the Louvre, where our goal was the Mona Lisa, which was quickly accomplished. So after 30 minutes in the Louvre, a record but we had been there many times before, we walked across the Place de la Concord, through the Tuileries Gardens, and up the Champs Elysee, where the girls shopped for clothing.

Along the way we were accosted by hawkers who wanted to sell the girls oil painting, Eifel Towers, post cards, etc. At the Arc de Triumph we caught the metro to the Eifel Tower where the three kids had their caricatures drawn. We then took the elevator to the second deck where Will hugged the beams due to fear of heights. After taking pictures we walked back to our car.

We drove via the Ile de la Cite and the Notre Dame Cathedral to the Holiday Inn. We got an executive suite with wood paneling and very comfortable beds, which was nothing like any Holiday Inn I had ever been to. We had a late dinner at their restaurant, and then turned in.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0165s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb