Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
October 4th 2010
Published: October 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

As we got off the coach at St Pancras we realised that we still had 2 hours to wait for the eurostar. This is a very long time in a horrible train station!!! When we finally went to go check-in we found out that the train was delayed and that we woud have to wait another hour, in a cramped room! When we finally got onto the train it was horrible. After a two and a half hour journey we got to Paris. It was raining!!! We then had to face the underground at 5pm on a Saturday! It was packed! We all had our suitcases so it was chaos! We managed to fight our way through and we made it to our hostel we were staying at. It was the most horrible place that I have ever seen, it wasn't even clean! The bedrooms were disgusting and the bedsheets had stains on! We finally went out to have some dinner. We had to tackle the underground again but it was luckily a lot quieter. We had to go to a vegetarian restaurant as it was Valentine's day, i had a salad!!! When we went back to the hostel at about 11 we got shouted at a French women in her pyjamas not that we could understand what she was saying!! After a very uncomfortable night although it was still raining we decided to go to the Eiffel Tower. As we walked up to it all we could see was lots of Chinese tourists having their photos taken in front of it and lots of people trying to sell us Eiffel Towers!!! We went up right to the top which was definately worth having to wait for hours in queues! The views were amazing, im scared of heights and i still loved it!! As we came down the sun was coming out, so we decided to go to the Arc De Triumph, it was huge and imposing! And to make it even better it was right next to the Champs Elysees, so we got to go shopping as well!!! We were going to dinner at a nice restaurant in Montmartre, so we could see Sacre Coeur whilst we were eating which was lovely. After another long and uncomfortable night on our last day we went to on a boat trip down the Seine, where we saw Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower and all the wonderful bridges! After we had got off the boat feeling a bit sea sick we went to Notre Dame and looked round, it was very busy!! We had a very nice crepes round the corner from it, which was lovely. We then had to go get our cases from the hostel and get the underground again, luckily it wasn't as busy as before so we managed quite easily. We arrived at the Gard Du Nord just in time to get the train. It was a very enjoyable weekend and Paris is spectacular!!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0329s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb