Topdeck European Wonder Trip (October 8th-25th, 2009)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
September 29th 2010
Published: March 16th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Day 2: London to Paris Thursday, October 8th, 2009

So today was the official start of the Topdeck European Wonder tour. Most of the day was spent travelling from London to Paris. We traveled from London to Dover, to catch a ferry from Dover to Calais France. After arriving in Calais, France, we got to know our fellow Top Deckers on the bus ride from Calais to Paris. The majority of the tour group were from Australia and New Zealand with a few individuals from London , Thailand , Venezuela , and Malaysia. The three of us, were the only individuals from North America on the tour. We also got to know more about our tour manager, Amy and our awesome bus driver, Brad.

We each had the opportunity to introduce ourselves at the front of the bus (What we do, say a funny story, whether you are a red , orange or green light, etc). It was a little nerve racking, but I must say that the Australians were really funny and their antics made for a memorable trip.

We arrived in Paris late afternoon and checked into our hotel . We had an exceptional Parisian meal at our hotel, (probably the best meal I had for the entire trip) and then headed off on a Paris city light tour. Paris is luminous in the evening with everything lit up . The Eiffel Tower sparkled in the night (I probably took over a dozen pictures of it), and I was really impressed by our bus driver, Brad 's ability to navigate the streets of Paris, especially his courageous ability to smoothly move in and out of the crazy roundabout by the Arc de Triomphe (so dangerous that drivers are not insured if they crash on the roundabout).

After an amazing night tour of Paris, we went back to the hotel where we slept to prepare for a full day tomorrow in Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0287s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb