July 14 - Paris France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
July 14th 2010
Published: July 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

July 14 Paris FranceJuly 14 Paris FranceJuly 14 Paris France

A little Rain!
July 14th - Paris, France...Bastille Day. Very, very rainy! We can't complain, this is really the only rain we have seen since we left 2 weeks ago. We went to see Varsailles this morning. The Palace is very impressive but it was raining too hard to visit the vast gardens they have. I guess that gives us an excuse to come back (as if we needed one!). The palace of Varsailles receives 8 million visitors a year - I'm convinced 4 million of them were ther today. After Varsailles we took the subway to the Louvre. It was very busy as admition is free on Bastille day. We are going to try to go tomorrow. The rains were monsoon like so we found a dry table under the awning of a Cafe a block away from the Louvre. We had lunch and spent the day there. Tonight we bid farewell to our fellow Tour members. THey return to London tomorrow and Sherry and I stay on here in Paris for a couple of days. We go to Moulin Rouge tomorrow night.
The rains have certainly improved the temperatures. The clouds seem to be subsiding and we hope to see the fireworks tonight from the Eifel Tower.
All our love from Paris,
Hal & Sherry

Advertisement



14th July 2010

a little sad
Bet you're both a little sad to see your journey coming to an end but we will be happy to see you back and expect a great slideshow of pictures at the staff bbq!
14th July 2010

Moulin Rouge - are you serious! I want to go too!!!! Funny, we had those torential rains on Monday. So far apart, yet still very much connected :) Love, Jo

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb