Paris River Tour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
June 16th 2010
Published: June 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We began our day with the crew in the hotel with traditional French fare lots of bread and fruit with some very strong coffee. We made our way to the metro and studied the map and proceeded to back up the line as we purchased our tickets and made our way to the train. Good ride as we trecked our way to the Louvre stop, after a little street shopping we boarded the Botobus and headed to the Eiffel Tower. The river is amazing with lots of stone work lined with trees as we rounded a small bend the tower came into a better view and it was there in all of it's glory, large and dominant in the sky. As we got to street level the thing is huge. Melynda, Patti, W.T and Pam purchased tickets to go to level two Doug and I watched the people, I believe we were asked maybe 200 times if we wanted to buy a model tower for 1 euro. Lots of people, after a few hours we boarded the boat and headed down the river....We next stopped at the Museum D'Orsay, a great Impressionism collection. The grand building use to be a train station and was spectacular. After a few hours looking around we boarded the boat and stopped at the left bank looks around shopped had some wine and cheese at a cafe. Melynda and I got a cone of gelato, ordering was interesting and I think the most French I have spoken in one sentence. As everyone is spent we made our way back to the metro, tickets went smooth this time and back to the hotel. We did a bit more street shopping with a purchase for our future new addition early next year. Enjoy the photos as we have enjoyed the trip.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 32, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



16th June 2010

wow
It is so pretty there . Love all the old buildings . The real eifel tower is definatly more impressive than the one at Kings Island . LOL . Hard to believe you only have one day left . enjoy and have a safe flight home on Friday .
19th June 2010

Anticipation!
Thanks for the great photos. I am planning a trip to Paris in the fall and you've got me very excited about it! I hope you have a great time!!!!

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0403s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb