busy busy


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais » Lille
September 16th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

just a short entry tonight i think. i've been really busy the past few days running around and doing errands like applying for a bank account, trying to get student discount cards, applying for my temporary residency card, etc. i've come to the conclusion that the french government decided to make official processes as slow and painful as possible....and it doesn't help that they go on a 2 hour lunch break and return at least an hour after they say they're going to. i'm just a bit frustrated with how inefficient this country is compared to japan and with how much crap i have to do to get settled in. i know it will get better though.

i realized today how much i dislike not living around mountains and water. mons en baroeul, the area i live in, is pretty ugly, very european looking with the streets, the tiny sidewalks and then the houses, no grass, nothing. and dog shit on the sidewalks (naturally). the area around my school is a little nicer, and i like my school so far, although there's no green to hang out on. everything is stone here.....i miss grass. le centre ville is really nice...usually quite busy, but the buildings are very pretty and once you get to centre ville et la grande place it's a ten minute walk or so to a pretty nice park. so that's nice. but there's no water! a very small river near the park, et c'est tout! i need a lake.

but right now i need 7 hours of sleep. so that's all. more soon. i miss you all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb