Dragey Ronthon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Saint-Vaast-la-Hougue
September 29th 2015
Published: October 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Normandy Dragey ~ Ronthon



29th September 2015


Tide times and range would be the main topic of conversation here.

On the day of our visit the tide range was over 13 meters. An impressive statistic – but that figure donged me over the head when I saw how far the tide had gone out. Much further than a misers tea cup level. It seemed to be out to the horizon.

Later we went to the top of a headland to the north and observed it was near the horizon. To the west I could just make out a waterline – my guess is that it was in excess of 5k maybe 8 klms from the well defined high tide level.

Within view was a rock or headland they call Le Mont Saint Michel. In the afternoon sun shallow salty puddles were left behind by the receding tide. Reflecting sunlight brightened and coloured the whole broad sandy beach as if to camouflage its thirsty desperate boggy mass of sandy sludge. As the afternoon wore on evaporation made the water saltiness more concentrated, the mirroring of sunlight faster and stronger and its true barren desolation vista less virtuous.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb