Day 6 Wednesday- More School, Cooking Class in the PM, and Going Away Party/Dinner at Night


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lorraine » Sarreguemines
April 4th 2018
Published: April 5th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Wednesday was a very very busy day for our group. Most students followed their host brother or sister to school for the first period class at 8AM while others didn't start until 9AM. After another lunch in the cafeteria at 12, several parents volunteered to drive the students in groups to one of our host families catering business where our group was warmly welcomed. Our cooking lesson for the day centered around cooking a classic regional dish - La Quiche Lorraine. Students watched demonstrations and followed the recipe and worked in teams over the course of about an hour. It was a great hands-on learning experience and a lot of sleepy students were able to wake up and get their hands "dirty" with the activity. The caterer offered this class, the ingredients, and a professional chef at no cost to our group and this is one of many examples of the incredible generosity we have all experienced from the Sarreguemines community here. Although we leave for Paris soon, we are hearing from many of our students that they do not want to go home.

At night students came to a local church for a tearful dinner where they enjoyed the fruits of their labor and an amazing dinner. After many thank you's, a few performances from our group including a wonderful dance performance from Emily Nieman, and a group demonstration of the Wildcat cheer as well as the Cupid Shuffle, we said our goodbye's and goodnight.

Cooking Lesson

&feature=youtu.be

Wildcat Pride in France:



Sing Along




Additional photos below
Photos: 46, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb