Arrived South of France Shaken but not stirred


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon
September 21st 2013
Published: September 21st 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well it is a while since I managed to get a connection a fair amount has happened. Wee were camped on the banks of the Dordogne a beautiful area full of very old architecture turrets and wooden frontage we went to Bergerac and it felt like medievil England we expected Robin Hood and his men to start shooting arrows at us. We left there 20th they were closing anyway and the owners were looking forward to their holiday. They were heading for Croatia which was our first choice but we thought it was too far for our first trip. We have done over 1800 miles so far! Anyway from there we headed South as ever chasing some sunshine , near Toulouse we visited an Aire for diesel and whilst negotiating the way to the parking area the caravan wheel hit a broken bit of kerb and ripped, this left us blocking the way in and out so Hugh asked for help from the manager and she organised a breakdown service we were not sure of how to tellthem where we were ourselves unfortunately this meant we had to pay upfront and hope for a reimbursement later 120 Euros later!! We still need to buy a new tyre so now I keep saying Mind the Kerb!

Well we continued to a site near Perpignan site between the sea and the pyrenees. We have staye at this site before and there is a good walk around a lake for Sophie and a free washing service for cars and vans. The first thing we did was wash poor Peggy-sue As she is a Pegasis we thought it suited her. Whilst parking on site we found the mover wouldn't work on the spare tyre so we will have to find a caravan service place to get us a new spare and readjust the mover for us. I thought we were getting away from problems. One thing by the end of this trip we will have experienced most things and , hopefully , worked our way through them.

Anyway today is Saturday can't do anything until Mon and finally the sun is shining and we are back in summer clothes. We are next to a very nice German family with two dogs a white Alsation called Luna and a Datchound. Finding the washing machine today and maybe exploring the area.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0493s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb