Karen and Bob’s place;


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Montpellier
April 21st 2012
Published: April 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Just outside Caze Mondenard (near Cahors) on the side of a valley nestling in the contours of the hill you’ll find two dwellings that have been restored over the last 20 years by our friends. They have taken time and made the property a haven. They bought it all those years ago because of the view down the valley and they have done it tastefully and beautifully. Luckily they are also excellent hosts and after four days of travelling they made us so welcome that we relaxed immediately, helped, I may say, by copious quantities of wine and food. Thank you to them both for the best stay in a friends house in France this year! Also thanks to Dik and Hennie, a Belgium couple who live in staggering distance from chez Karen and Bob. They entertained us with home cooked food and guitar playing and community singing that reminded us of the Big Sing Thing but with just the six of us. Horace took an immediate liking to the place and trotted around as if he owned it! He couldn’t wait to get to see Karen every morning, we weren’t offended Horace! We visited lovely French villages and had the “Menu de la Jour” in several local hostelries, the stay will be remembered for a long time. We also meet Gui who has lived in the area for many years and now at the age of 89 still walks the valley with his dog Spiro and spoke with us for a while. The sense of community in the valley was an inspiration.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



22nd April 2012
Karen and Bob's place

Wish I'd done that!
Best wishes on your travels, it sounds much more exciting than anything I've ever done. Bon Voyage Micheal.
25th April 2012

Fab !
Hi Dee and Gee, and Horace, Love your blog and your photos. Looks as though you're have a great time. Keep taking the photos...it looks wonderful ! Looking forward to your next entry on your blog. XX

Tot: 0.264s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb