Beach day


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Montpellier
July 28th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Live octopusLive octopusLive octopus

The boys sitting next to us were fishing with nets on the breakwater. They caught two small fish and this octopus. He held it for us to take a photo but yelped and dropped it back in the bucket when it bit him.
Today was another beach day. In some ways it was like being at a french marketplace: we saw women that looked like raisins, prunes and even a pepperette sausage with arms and legs. There was a woman close by us that we were positive was Magda from There's Something About Mary (the upstairs neighbour). Why she chose to go topless I'll never understand (after 75, one should keep one's clothes on).

Anyways, some big dark clouds showed up at one point so we walked around for a bit with a cone and then when we settled ourselves again, the sun came back out in full force. Kids enjoyed sandcastles again and swam in the waves.

Lori got out in the water today, past her knees. Chilly.

Wine of the day: Pays d'Oc 2010 Chardonnay.




Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement

SandcastlesSandcastles
Sandcastles

Rachel and Russell had a great time building moats, drawbridges and castles. They loved Point Zero beach in Grande Motte.


28th July 2011

Magda?
What......no pictures of topless Magda?
29th July 2011

Magda
This is a family blog. Sorry.

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0712s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb