Festival and Friends


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Herault
June 16th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our friends Linda and Dennis were waiting for us with evening meal and drinks as we arrived at Les Romarins campsite at Agde. We will point out that we were at Agde and not Cap d'Agde where the famous nudist colonies are. The campsite is the nicest we have stayed on with the very friendly and helpful proprietors.

Dennis had chosen our pitch for us with plenty of shade, however, the weather was not what it had been and shade was not necessary.



At the weekend there was a nautical festival, the highlight of which was the water jousting where two boats each with a platform and a 'jouster' on the back, are rowed towards each other until one 'jouster' is 'lanced' into the water. Better described by the photo. Many hundreds of people were watching either from the bridge, or the small grandstands on either side of the river. It was good at first with a good spirit but became a bit repetitive.




In the park were lots of stalls with children's rides and even bullfighting although the bulls were not harmed. Terry, after trying some cheese agreed to buy some,
Cycling with Linda and DennisCycling with Linda and DennisCycling with Linda and Dennis

Many happy hour spent up and down the River Herault
however, the slice was slanted into a thick one and he was shocked to find the cost was €10! It was a big piece though but a delicious, old, salty cheese. We sat and listened to an Edith Piaf impersonator.



We had good times with Linda and Dennis but it was mainly a relaxing week and after they left, 6 days later, we were also ready to make tracks the following day.



Next, we go to Arles to meet our French friends Patrick and Francoise who, having designed and built their own ocean going yacht, have returned for some repairs and have it in dry dock at Port Napoleon, near Marseille.



What no catastrophes? We hear? Terry's hair trimmers have stopped working and are 'throw away'.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

In the ParkIn the Park
In the Park

Listening to 'Edith Piaf'


Tot: 0.426s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0872s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb