Location Location Location....


Advertisement
Published: November 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So the entire plane journey from Seattle to Reykjavik Penny was watching the tourism videos getting her mind around the start of her holiday being in Iceland. The ruse lasted until the passport control, when we were asked how long we were staying. I told him we were in transit, so of course, he asked me where we were going. I had given him the boarding passing hoping he would keep his mouth shut. But, in his loudest voice, he wished Penny a happy birthday in Paris. So, the secret was revealed and Penny was relieved. Paris was on top of her list for her birthday trip, so it was an easy choice for me to book. But, this diversion was some good fun as she was totally duped. We were only in Iceland for 1 hour, then we headed onto our plane for Paris. The flight was just 3 hours and suddenly here we are. We took the metro from the airport to our hotel in the St. Germain area. Once cleaned up, we headed out to see some of Paris. We walked to the Metro and headed for the Eiffel Tower as the sky had cleared up and we had a good blue going on in the sky. We managed some really good pictures and as the light faded, I needed to visit a tourist shop for a hoodie as I was freezing my butt off. We walked down to the Seine for a bit and took some more pics. It was a nice night for a walk once we had gotten all the neceassary gear for the temperature. Once we got close to the hotel, we noticed a movie theatre. In the interest of tackling the jet lag head on, we watched a little Bond so that we would not be sleeping to early and waking up in the middle of the night. So, our first official half day of touring is done, it was quite an adventure for Penny. I have given her a reprieve of a few days to enjoy the sights here before I get up to some more mischief. Tomorrow I hear the gargoyles calling our name...


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



5th November 2012

i love Paris in the fall...

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0563s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb