Brief transit in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 15th 2015
Published: June 29th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Got a chance to stay with a friend during summer in Brittany, so...spin my way back into the European continent after almost 30 years. Landing in Paris, but nothing could remind me of the place I had been before, excepted those unique images of The Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triomphe, but the Champs-Elysees hardly the same street I recognized. Also The Louvre not the same now with the glass scaffolding of Pyramid. Anyways...I make this trip my first time Europe journey, with a memory of blank paper, took in all the fresh imprint along my footsteps.

The area around the island of Cite is the place most overcrowding of tourists, with the congestion of many main sights like the Louvre, the Notre-Dame, the Palais Royal, The Concorde....or even the lover's lock on the Ponte de L'Archeveche bridge, well...tourists everywhere, but you still can enjoy yourself at the small cafe in all those elegant little street. the city of Paris is no doubt a beautiful and relaxing place, a stroll inside the Jardin du Luxembourg in the mid-afternoon, a lot of people doing exercise, many groups of senior strike out strong footstep with walking sticks on both hand, but a lot of young people jogging in this time of the day was a surprise, no need to work? for us....exercise should be either early morning or after work in the evening. What a life style for Parisian! The park also provided a lot of folding chair that you can pitch your own location to hang out, a great picnic spot indeed.

Another main sight is hike up the small hill to the Sacre-Coeur Church in Montmartre, despite swarmed with hawkers, from up there its offered a great view of the Metropolis. Paris provided efficient public transportation, and combine with walking could lead you to many quiet corner of the street, Paris still got many lovely old style stone building with dark slate roof tile. many engraved with the name of the architect and the completion date of the building.

All in all...the Latin quarter perhaps the most interesting area to stroll around, antique shops, boutiques, bookshops.... especially the Rue Mouffetard where laid with pebble stone path, a lively market street with plenty snack and cafe, said this is the ancient road when the first Roman troop marched into Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



3rd July 2015
the French cafe

Cafe
Love the outdoor cafes.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0362s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb