bienvenue Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 29th 2014
Published: November 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Paris the sign says at the airport! Woohoo, we made it is what I say! After a somewhat eventful trip from leaving home at 5am to finally arriving in Paris, 36 hours later, we have arrived to a city of beauty, splendor, and christmas lights!

I wont bore you with the cancelled tickets by Virgin in brisbane, the bumping of flights 3 times by virgin as well, but hey, Etihad more than made up for it, and not only upgraded out tickets the whole way, but treated us so warmly, and we had champers on each flight, a special desert made by the onboard chef on each flight, and a card made by the staff wishing us a wonderful 25th anniversary. Well, I am more than a little happy princess!!



Anyway, after collapsing in our room for a few hours this morning, we managed to both crawl outside into the beautiful afternoon, and strolled around the 1st precinct of Paris.

With christmas lights everywhere we looked, chilled air to breath, and life back in us, we did the parisian thing....strolled the streets of where we were. Awesome!!! is the word you will hear often from me, because, as many of you know, Mark and I love europe, and specially at christmas time, when lights twinkle there way into our hearts, and the atmosphere of this time of year just takes on its own exotic beauty.



Armed with just the right amount of information, we ventured into the familiar and unknown streets, and wound our way to the Tour Eiffel! what a spellbinding sight it was, as you can see by the pictures. It comes alive with illumination on the hour for 10mins each day, and this (pictures) at night.

There was excitement and frenzy to be heard from the multiple voices around us, not just us going oo la laaaa! To our amazement, there were also weddings taking place, (mostly Japanese) which just added to the moment.



Although we are two very tired little peeps right now, in the morning we are going to the market (taking place across from us) to purchase fresh bread and cheese for brekky..some fruit and juice. A nice start to our adventures....then its take off to Budapest in the afternoon, all with the thoughts of excitement of coming back to this truly stunning city in a months time.

Now, I can only say one thing, we have had the most cheerful, polite french people around us...helpful, delightful! The only thing I can say is ....the color black is very popular for winter this year.....but yes, its also a stunning color as well....and the twinkling lights bring so much sparkle, it make the perfect canvas for this artist!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



30th November 2014

Paris
Glad you arrived,sounds an 'adventure'! Enjoy your trip. Cheers R&M

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0873s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb