Fat Bastards


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 13th 2006
Published: September 4th 2006
Edit Blog Post

It rained.

And rained.

And rained.

So we ate.

And ate.

And ate.

In between stomach filling epidsodes we went up the Eiffel Tower in the rain, walked the Champs Elysée in the rain and ran between coffee shops in the rain.

The smartest thing we did was to buy tickets to the Musée D’Orsay from the reception at our hotel. When we arrived the line was long, long, long - I think people must have been standing in the rain for a couple of hours just to buy ticket. We were able to just walked on in at a different entrance. SMART.

I am no art buff so the fact that I could recognise a) the names of many of the artists, and b) many of the paintings, shows the degree of fame that the artworks in the gallery had.

My favourite painting there was The Floor Scrapers by Gustave Caillebotte.

I don’t know why I liked it, I just did.

On Sunday morning we indulged in only one coffee and three little pastries for breakfast in preparation for a big, fat, tasty French lunch. Shane is a foody and I am a glutton so we were both very excited. We went to a restaurant recommended by one of Shane’s mates and we spent a small fortune on a lunch of indulgence. We were in France! We had to! Paté and oysters for entrée, beef carpaccio and salmon with caviar for mains, crème brulee and chocolate mousse for desert, red wine with all the above and then coffees. Mmmmm…..

So little time for so much to do.

And so much to eat.

A return visit is in order.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

DollsDolls
Dolls

Random and not so French but I liked that there were so many. I am easily amused.
Notre DameNotre Dame
Notre Dame

Paris, not Shepparton


11th October 2006

Fatty Boombardas!
Jess, For a self-confessed Fat Bastard...you are looking particularly glam of late!!! You have that certain "je ne sais qua"...of a woman in gay Paree...and a woman in luuuuurve!!!!!! Cuddles from Fruffle xox

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb