Sunday's France Vacation


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 18th 2006
Published: August 24th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - arrived in Paris, boarded the Viking Seine cruise ship.

Monday, June 19, 2006 - City tour of Paris, had free time in the afternoon, and went to the Louvre via metro, which was very exciting, and a little scary. I just had to see the "Mona Lisa" and it was a journey just to get to her picture, but it was worth it. That night we took a panoramic cruise to see the sights of Paris.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - We arrived in Conflans and we went to Versailles. It was magnificent, and you had to do a lot of walking just to get the front door, because the tour buses do not have curb side drop off. Then again, it was worth the walk.

Wednesday, June 21,2006 - We went to Giverny, home of Claude Monet. After seeing just pictures of his garden, it was even more beautiful to actually stand in front of his gardens and see what he saw. It was breathtaking. We sailed into the region of Normandy. We saw the Chateau Gillard, built in the 12th century by Richard the Lionheart.

Thursday, June 22, 2006 -
Sunday @ ChanelSunday @ ChanelSunday @ Chanel

Don't judge me, I have major jet lag, I know I look pretty bad.
Sailed to Rouen, where Joan of Arc was burned at the stake, spent the whole day there. Exploring the sites of Rouen and all the churches and catherdals, just awesome.

Friday, June 23, 2006 - Went to Honfleur. spent the day exploring there too. That evening we had the Captain's Farewell dinner which was fabulous.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - We went on the Normandy beach excrusion. Very poignant.



Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

I love this pictureI love this picture
I love this picture

from cruise at sunset
hall of mirrorshall of mirrors
hall of mirrors

in Versailles
Chateau GaillardChateau Gaillard
Chateau Gaillard

Richard the Lionheart built this in the 12th Century


25th August 2006

Beautiful
I am so glad Lauren helped you with this, now you have a special place for your memories and we all get to enjoy. It's funny but the actual is just like the pictures. I am happy that you got to experience this with your mom, you both deserved it! Love you
26th August 2006

what a great trip
u took very beautiful pictures
26th August 2006

france
i would love to go there some day by the way you took just great pictures i am going to look up viking river cruises thanks for this cool blog.
26th August 2006

paris
what a great blog thanks for sharing your vacation with everyone from this website.
27th August 2006

great pics
this blog has the most beautiful pictures of paris i think that travel blog has seen thanks for sharing.
1st September 2006

paris
great pics thanks for telling us about viking river cruises
1st September 2006

france ahhhh
viking river cruises wow got to look that up thanks oh yeah great pics to especially the eiffel tower!!!!!
1st September 2006

pareeeeeee
viking river cruises awsome got 2 check that out great pics best i have seen
4th September 2006

viking river cruises
thanks for telling me about viking river cruises guess what i am going to paris next summer for the long trip oh yeah by the way great pictures.
9th September 2006

paris
grreat pics
9th September 2006

paris
thanks for viking river cruises i called them yesterday and i am going to paris next summer so thank u so much for making my dream come true beacuse you advertised viking river cruises. by the way great pics!!
26th September 2006

great pics
luv the effiel tower when i was in paris i went up the effiel tower and it took me 4 hrs
3rd October 2006

FRANCE
HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THOSE PICS, MY GOODNESS WHEN I WENT TO PARIS MY PICS TURNED OUT HORRIBLE, WELL AT LEAST YOURS TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL, MAKE SURE TO MAKE ANOTHER ENTRY WHEN YOU GO BACK OR TO ANOTHER PLACE!!!!!!!
26th October 2006

awsome
great pics and you dont look bad in front of chanel. you look good!

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb