And the wandering continues ...


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 23rd 2013
Published: April 23rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

imageimageimage

Underpass between the Dupleix and La Motte-Picquet Grenelle metro stations
As I mentioned in a previous post, I was well overdue for a vacation. Both mom and I have certainly been taking full advantage of being away and have been getting some much need rest and relaxation. We have been (and very uncharacteristically so ...) sleeping in later than usual and we have enjoyed watching French movies as we wind down the day.

Having travelled many times with my mom, we both just love wandering around and actually usually get more pleasure in being in less crowded areas and jut enjoy being "off the beaten track". Although being in Paris means that you have to see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe, we have found much enjoyment in going through the small side streets and just discovering what there is to be discovered.

Our days here have always included a stop at a cafe to enjoy a delicious lunch with, of course, a lovely glass of wine. Both my mom and I love to cook and it has been such a treat to find some things such as duck and liver to be common items on the menu! The cuisine is so simple and yet so flavorful. We have eaten quite well since being here.

So I will let the photos will do the talking for the last couple of days ...


Additional photos below
Photos: 59, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

imageimage
image

Grande Arche
imageimage
image

Jeanne D'Arch
imageimage
image

We had lunch here


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.025s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb