Melbourne to Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 8th 2012
Published: September 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Arriving Abu DhabiArriving Abu DhabiArriving Abu Dhabi

Check out the amazing control tower!
A first for us was the trip via Abu Dhabi (flying Etihad). Fortunately, the sun was just coming up as we landed, so we caught some views of Abu Dhabi on the approach – lots of water, lots of sand, lots of land reclamation, and lots of cranes! No window seats for us between Abu Dhabi and Paris, but we did manage a few glimpses of some pretty amazing country when we were over what we think was Syria, and the Swiss Alps.

Paris looked very different than on our previous visits – there were leaves on the trees and the sun was shining! There seemed almost a festive atmosphere and, being Saturday, there were many Parisians mingling with the tourists and filling up the cafés.

We had a bit of a delay as we attempted to find our way out of the awful, and very crowded Les Halles shopping centre that is above the railway station. Nevertheless, we managed to find our patient and gracious landlady (Geneviève) waiting for us at the apartment in the Marais. We love the apartment, and it’s great that Rue Rambuteau, which is filled with wonderful boulangeries, pâtisseries, charcuteries, épiceries, cafés and such, is just around the corner.

Bed was very welcome after having been on the go, with just a few snatches of sleep, for the best part of two days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Looking towards the Pompidou CentreLooking towards the Pompidou Centre
Looking towards the Pompidou Centre

If we lean out the window of our apartment and look left, this is what we see!


13th September 2012

Ooops
whoops should have typed in this box.......don't know how much you actually received as I typed the whole lot in the title box! Anyway, we are excited too now.....travel authorisation came through yesterday......one more day of school! xxx Wen

Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0519s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb