Le Tour de France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Super cool. 67 secs
Tour de FranceTour de FranceTour de France

Zooming by.
The drive from the airport was interesting. We passed the IKEA store which made me smile...all this way to see an IKEA. After dropping our bags off, we headed out for walk to the Eiffel Tower. Being Sunday morning it wasn't too busy - with some elevators broken, there were hundreds of people waiting to go up.

We returned to the hotel and unpacked. I was so tired, I just wanted to have a nap. I set my alarm for 1:00 pm, but my eyes popped open at 2:00 pm. hmmm...

Our stroll brought us past the Eiffel Tower and on to a road that was blocked off for the Tour de France. We decided to stake out a spot along the route and wait for the riders as they zoomed by. After a carvan of busses, cars, cars with bikes, photographers, police, and motorcycles, the rides went past us as the crowds cheered them on.

We returned to the hotel and caught the end of the race which was exciting. Another walk about brought us to Le Restaurant Pere Claude & Fils.
Appetizer: 4 types of sausage - rich and savory
Mains: Lamb for Glenn, Sweetbread for Laura
Wine: see photo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1088s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb