Parisienne Streets


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 19th 2012
Published: April 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

C'est une belle journée à Paris.

The weather forecast suggested thunderstorms, but we woke to a beautiful sunny day and, importantly, no wind!! It was remarkably more comfortable to be in Paris today than yesterday?

After breakfast, les enfants and ma femme went for a tour of the streets hunting for souvenirs. They were successful, which is a good thing. Jake took a predictably methodical approach to acquiring his souvenirs - sampling every stall before making a considered decision and returning to the best value option.

Damian had the afternoon to himself and took a stroll along the Seine to the Musee d'Orsay. It is an interesting place. Built in a very large hall it is smaller and quite different from Le Lourve. Van Gogh is prominant. Signac and other neo-impressionists are also exhibited. The sculptures and paintings feature the naked busts of many females. It was quite refreshing to see how the artists and their models were proud of their human form, and they were impressive human forms. The Art Noveau section boasted alot of intricate hand made furniture - not really Damian's thing. He felt like he was walking through a Sortino showroom.

Dinner for
Les Enfants at Centre PompidouLes Enfants at Centre PompidouLes Enfants at Centre Pompidou

Of course, they didn't go in to this musee - merely passed by on the way to some souvenir stalls.
les enfants consisted of flame roasted poulet and pommes from one of the bouchers on Rue Rivoli. Delicious.

Sue and Damian enjoyed a couple of glasses of Vin from Chateau Courac Laudun, Cotes du Rhone Villages - perfect for the cool temperatures we have been having - from the Rhone Valley before stepping out for their last night in Paris.

Le Casa San Pablo tapas bar and restaurant was the venue Sue and Damian stopped at. Not French, but very French. If Damian could've worked out the menu he would've ordered the escargot, but this was not to be.

And so, our last night in the beautiful city of Paris has arrived. One day we will be back, sans les enfants, and we will enjoy the food, the atmosphere and the wine from a different arrondissement.

Au revoir Paris. Tu es belle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb