chinese food in paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 28th 2006
Published: June 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

there are lots of chinese chinese restaurants in paris; most visible of which are the fast food joints. ever noticed how the cooked food displayed all look familiar? well these are factory cooked/produced and delivered to restaurants throughout the paris region on a regular basis. the menu seems to vary very little although some augment the selection by cooking specialities in their kitchen. i recently saw a documentary on television focusing on the operations of the largest of these restaurant suppliers. these are regulated by the french health & safety. meals here are inexpensive and while not haute cuisine, satisfying. average cost is 8euros for a dish over rice and dessert. rule of thumb: if the restaurant appears unclean, i wouldn't trust them to handle my food in a sanitary fashion.

but am used to REAL chinese food having dined at authentic chinese restos in nyc & la chinatowns as well as during travels to asia. the chinese cuisine in paris, well, is just not good enough. but for simple, chinese fare, try Mirama on rue st jacques(between notre dame & blvd st germaine). i usually order the shrimp wonton with noodles and an order of bok choy or spring vegetables in oyster sauce. the rice dishes with duck, roast pork(avail. with noodles also) taste exactly as they should. there is a wide variety of dishes in the menu to choose from but i really come here for the wonton noodles, duck & roast pork. open 7/7, no reservations taken.

Advertisement



29th June 2006

Check this place out
Have you tried Wenzhou? It's 34, rue de Belleville 75020. They have a special menu that's only in Chinese but if you ask the friendly waiter he'll help you to choose. It's my new favorite after Sinorama which you could also check out. I've posted some photos on my page.

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.033s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb