WE ARE ENGAGED!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 4th 2012
Published: January 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after an amazing 5 years 8 months, Ben finally popped the question and we are engaged! It was an amazing night in front of the sparkling Eiffel Tower. I had no inkling whatsoever that Ben was going to propose, and kept asking him to ‘stop joking’ when he got down on one knee. When I realised that it was the real thing, I couldn’t stop crying – how embarrassing. It was definitely a moment in time that I will treasure for the rest of my life. Who knew Ben could be such a romantic! The ring is amazing and Ben had it custom made (see photo). We are both so excited about getting married and all the wedding plans ahead – although it still feels very surreal! We had a great breakfast today at a quaint café next to the Arc De Triomph. and were due to see Moulin Rouge this evening, except classy Michelle was throwing up in the gutter outside and in the middle of the street- unfortunately we didn't make it in the door. Thinking I must have a small virus or something as I get very overheated, but feeling a bit better as taking it easy today. It was very dissapointing not being able to see Moulin Rouge, especially since we had spent quite a bit on the tickets, but I guess it just gives us an excuse to come back to Paris one day.



At 7pm tonight we head to Madrid for the next part of our European Adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0297s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb