Sydney to Paris - We are Here!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 27th 2011
Published: December 27th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well what a great start to our European adventure. “Upgraded to Business Class,” – 4 words which every traveller wishes to hear. We skipped the long line at the airport past the economy passengers through Customs and moseyed on through to a couple of mocha’s and an intrinsically different travel experience to our last trip to Japan (Jetstar seats that were permanently folded forward rather than back).





Etihad Business Class does itself proud. We arrived on the plane to the most comfortable seats which can convert into full-length beds, steaming hot hand towels, unlimited expensive beverages and a dining menu which sounds delectable in even the most prestigious restaurant. When an ‘Al Dente tagliatelle pasta and seared duck breast salad with grilled artichokes, roasted hazelnuts, radish and mustard dressing is on offer- you know you are being spoilt. The free socks and earplugs are also a plus.. haha. (Might come in handy later). Of course flying ‘Business Class’ is not a usual occasion for us, and the smirks across the aisle to one another are pervaded with disbelief. We arrived at Dubai airport, and it was immediately a very different cultural experience. The 2nd flight I have to admit was nothing like the first, a lot more uncomfortable. Plus – the flight attendant gave Ben an extra coffee – (on his lap and our passports he was holding!). They aren’t damaged by the way, but it was very amusing to watch as the flight attendant hurried away. We have arrived in Paris and were unsure how to use the train ticketing system, but all is well- we made our way to our apartment, and needless to say the minute I walked out of the train station I fell in love with Paris. There are beautiful cafes everywhere you look and Paris has a very artistic and homey atmosphere. The taxi drivers are crazy though!

Tomorrow we are off to see the Louvre and the Christmas Markets at Champs Elysees

We are excited for the journey ahead and all that Europe has to hold for us.



Michelle & Ben


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



28th December 2011

Upgrade
Win for business class! How did you wrangle that??
28th December 2011

Fluke
They must have been feeling very nice on the day :) !

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0815s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb