travel day 16: paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 9th 2006
Published: June 10th 2006
Edit Blog Post

took the eurostar this morning to paris. the french train attendents were your sterotype french assholes. i do have to say though that it is fast and easy boarding and getting off the train. once we arrived in paris, there wasnt a passport check or anything. kinda sucked because i wanted to get my passport stamped. we got picked up by this good looking french guy. i used what little french i knew to track him down. he took us to our apartment we rented which is really nice. we then went to get a late lunch early dinner which no one does in europe but we were hungry. got a large salad which was pretty good. the waiter said he knew no english which wasnt a problem because we just pointed on the menu. after we paid and left him a nice tip, somehow he spoke good conversational english.... we then rested up for a little bit at the apartment before we were to go on this fat tire paris at night bike tour. everyone for the most part that was there was in their 20s to early 30s and i was there with my parents who are in their 50s. i kinda knew there would end up being a problem but i kept my mouth shut. anyways to make a long story short, the guy who was to bike with us, was an inconsiderate jerk and only stayed up front with the fastest people. there was no guide in the back and my mom and a couple other people were having problems. he showned no concerns. the people on the trip seemed to be annoyed that not everyone was as fast as them. my mom felt so embarrassed that we took our bikes back and walked back to the place. i felt so bad for my mom. she was depressed and hurt. some guy from the company came cuz his asshole friend who was our guide, called him. this guy seemed nice and not like the pompus asshole who led us for 20 minutes. he seemed to actually be concerned. we were able to get a refund from this bitch who worked the register. we had also booked once a guy a guided tour with them to guy to versaille and realized we wanted to cancel due to the way we were treated and whatnot. bitch wouldnt refund us for that. alledgedly, she said that tour is supposed to be a leisure trip for people of all ages. bullshit. the company said the same thing for that tour we got refunded. that tour was an all night 10 mile tour that you ride in the busy streets for part of the way. once we left, i kinda realized that even though we couldnt get a refund for the versaille tour, we werent going to be doing that. i cant blame her. WARNING TO THOSE WANTING TO GO ON THE FAT TIRE BIKE TOURS IN PARIS. SORRY I CANT GET THE CAPLOCL KEY OFF. I AM ON A SHITTY FRENCH LAPTOP WHICH A FRENCH KEYBOARD WHICH IS NOTHING LIKE THE ONES IN ENGLISH SPEAKING COUNTRIES. ANYWAYS, the company doesnt give a damn about you unless you are one of the selected cool young people. they lead their tours at least their night one anyway like some kind of race. the only person there i have any respect for is mike the cute and sensitive understanding one. the rest of the workers we met like the ugly lesbian at the front desk, and the moron who was our guide, can die a painful aids death as far as i am concerned. we spent the rest of the night comforting my depressed mother thanks to you two.

Advertisement



14th June 2006

Stay home
Please, please, stay in english speaking countries. You save money (Ah money), you can conserve your habit and it's make vacations for every body Thank you
15th June 2006

will u pay for my airfare then?
whoever you are?

Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb