Landing at CDG


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We landed at CDG airport in Paris France at @ 12:30 PM. Our flight included a plane transfer in Newark, which we made with time to spare. This was a bit difficult, considering we had to travel from Terminal B to Terminal C on a tram, in and out of security, without the stroller (which we had checked through to Paris) all in under 55 minutes. Our overseas flight was without complications; however, we flew on a 757, which has no overhead storage and little leg room. We all managed to sleep, especially the girls.

Once in Paris, we set about making our way through Passport control, baggage claim and finally customs. Believe it or not, our luggage was like the 3rd pieces of the belt. No only this, but it came out just like it went on. Luggage #1, #2, #3, #4 and finally the stroller one after the other. I could believe it, we were through customs before most people had their bags.

The rental car gave us a double upgrade to a minivan with no added charge, this was our lucky day. Now to the real challenge, managing the roads of France without the assistance of Rand or was it McNally (a.k.a. Dad). Lisa stepped up to the Big Seat and guided us around the outskirts of Paris to the southwest corner, where we started our Southward journey toward the famed Loire Valley, Home to hundreds of Chateau’s.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb