bonjour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 11th 2006
Published: April 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Ca va? We are Eurostar virgins no more. Alison, Ver, Lucy K and I wined and dined our way by train from London Waterloo under the channel and arrived in the amazing city of Paris to meet up with Kate P (after an emergency dash back to our apartment by Ver who now realises that you need a passport to enter another country - even if you're not travelling by plane). Wow, what can I say, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Eiffel Tower, The Arc d'Triomphe, the Champs Elysees all lived up to our best expectations. The shoping district also got the thumbs up from Ver who now breezes around London in her swish Dorothy red heels. Very handy as Ver has now done away with the A-Z and relies solely on clicking her heels to get home...she is relieved.

Apart from sightseeing, we pretty much ate our way around Paris - the croissants and baguettes were mind blowing. I really cannot believe British food is so bad with such culinary delights on its doorstep.

I guess it was luckly then that Alison made me line up in the shortest que at the Eiffel Tower, which, as we found out, was the walk up as opposed to getting the lift entry. It gave me flashbacks to the 1000 steps in trailwalker but with the added extra of gale-force winds!!

Saturday night we caught up with Susie and Julie, some new London friends (Aussies of course) for a 3 course dinner extravaganza at the restaurant where the very famous scene from the award winning film "Somethings Gotta Give" was shot. Like you, we were very impressed by rubbing shoulders with a B-grade movie set.

On Sunday we paid tribute to all you Sac girls by a visit to Sacre Couer - which was slightly more impressive than the Glen Iris version, and spent the day walking the streets of montemarte in the spring sunshine eating chocolate crepes before boarding the eurostar for our return journey back to London. An truly amazing weekend really.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 16; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb