Bonjour


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 23rd 2006
Published: March 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

bonjour from paris.
our days have been once again extremely fast paced with so many places to see. we have seen the palace of versailles (impressive but very gaudy with gold and murals everywhere), gone to the top of the eiffel tower (extremely, extremely, extremely high but well worth the night view with paris all a-glow), and my personal favorite, the oprah house where the legend of the phantom of the opera (later derived into a play) originated; the opera house was absolutely gorgeous with marble from ceiling to floor, glass elevators, ornate iron railings, and the main auditorium red as red can be as if someone just splashed red paint all over. we of course contemplated in the presence of rodin's "thinker" and today will be inspired by the louvre.
we're very excited to be joining up with my brother-in-law in munich, germany tomorrow after we take the all night train from here to there and have discussed possibly going with him to austria. we'll see!
we haven't annoyed each other yet and are having a blast as we shock people that a married couple could actually have fun traveling for two months together.
until next time.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb