Be cool....Alcool


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 11th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

This is a temporary post. I spent too long researching hostel accomodations in Barcelona and it is now 2am. I need some sleep, but I wanted to write a bit about our time in Paris, France and Versailles before I sleep since I think it will be a while before we get to post again.

We spent the past week (from Monday to Saturday morning) in Paris with Anu's family and family friends. It was, of course, quite nice to see everyone and equally nice to be treated to breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. We ate Indian food at the same Indian restaurant twice and Thai food at the same Thai restaurant thrice. The only French things we ate in Paris were crepes (we also ate falafels at a hole in the wall restaurant Lenny Kravitz apparently visited and recommended, but just for clarification falafels aren't French cuisine, either).

We saw all the sites in Paris, or enough to say that we saw all of them--those we didn't see physically, we saw emotionally in pictures, which is just like the real thing! Anu and I are presently suffering from traveler's oh-another-museum-or-cathedral syndrome.

Speaking of syndromes, on our way to Paris we suffered from why-the-hell-isn't-this-train-moving syndrome. We spent 18 hours traveling by train from Bischofszell Stadt, Switzerland to Paris, France, not because it takes 18 hours to travel that distance by train, but because trains don't like snow. It sure was a fun ride!

Anyway, near our hostel, which is located near the red light district, there were a few Arabic-looking men standing on the corner all day long. It was our impression that when we were passing them they were trying to sell us "burro", which they would say over and over as if summoning the great god of donkeys ("burro" is Spanish for donkey). We later discovered they were trying to sell us Marlboros, go figure...

We took a daytrip to Versailles, immaculate. The palace was so large I think we were all in disbelief, and the road leaiding up to the palace was certainly constructed with grandeur in mind, as was the palace garden and walking grounds. After seeing all of this splendor, we headed for an Indian restaurant we passed on our way to the palace, but it was closed so we caught the next train back to Paris where we went to the Indian restaurant mentioned earlier situated across from the glowing, red Sexo-Drome offering a multitude of sexual flavors ranging from the mundane to the more interesting S&M and transexual spexual.

More to come at a later time (pun intended).


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Al....CoolAl....Cool
Al....Cool

This one is for you Deb!
I am an artist!I am an artist!
I am an artist!

I laid on the ground to take this picture!!! Clockwise my sister, my mom, my dad, Glen, Chris, and Marice.
Moulin RougeMoulin Rouge
Moulin Rouge

Located in the "Red Light" district...which just happened to be on the same road as our hostel.


13th March 2006

LUCKY LUCKY!
I JUST heard about the blog from mom.. so THIS is what you guys were up to for the past 3 months!!! LUCKY LUCKY! can i come and join??? how are you guys!!! chris + anu????? I can see that you guys are having a lot of fun!! :) all the pictures look so great!!!! (sooo jealous) the last stop for you guys should be toronto, eh??? i m gonna go and take a look at other pictures :) soooooo good + happy to see you guys!
14th March 2006

The Gangs all here or THERE
Looks like a great time was had by all. The scenery is beautiful, but the human specimens are more beautiful. Thanks for keeping us homebound bodies up to date! Happy traveling. I love you lots! Maaaaaama

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb