FRANCE-FONTAINEBLEAU+BARBIZON+MORET SUR LOIGNE-1108


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
November 11th 2009
Published: November 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Photo 3Photo 3Photo 3

BARBIZON
An old French songs CD is playing...I am sitting by the window, looking out at the tree lined Blvd, sipping at a warm French Berger tisane, and munching on some canelle and chocolate cake that M baked...Life could not taste better...
It is mid fall and the leaves are changing colors...A one day excursion to a couple of small towns along the forests of Fontainebleau, outside of Paris made for a very pleasant weekend...
The first town was Barbizon, which was and is a haven for impressionist painters..It is a very quaint small village, with stoned walls, beautiful trees and flowers, cobbled stone streets, small cafes and tea houses, and wonderful french cuisine restaurants...We (I and the ZB family) had a late lunch at La Boheme restaurant...I had Pot Au Feu and Profiterolles. Both are typical french dishes. Pot Au Feu is beef stew served with hot mustard and very crunchy small pickles called Cornichon. The beef just melts in your mouth!!! Profiterolles is ice cream puffs covered with homemade chocolate...I do not know how to describe the taste, only that it makes a believer out of you...It is divine!!!
The second town was the small Mideval town of Moret Sur
Photo 4Photo 4Photo 4

BARBIZON-LA BOHEME RESTAURANT
Loigne...It is in the vicinity of Fontainebleau...
There, little C enjoyed feeding the ducks along the banks of the Loigne...I felt I went back in time or walked through a Grimm Brothers fairy tale town with the Gothic cathedral and massive stone walls, gates, and a bridge crossing the river with white swans and ducks...
I think one of the best times to visit Paris is in the Fall...
Check out the Pictures...
M


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

BARBIZON
Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

PROFITEROLLES
Photo 7Photo 7
Photo 7

BARBIZON
Photo 2Photo 2
Photo 2

DRIVING THRU THE FORESTS OF FONTAINEBLEAU
Photo 10Photo 10
Photo 10

MORET SUR LOIGNE
Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

MORET SUR LOIGNE
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

MORET SUR LOIGNE


Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.072s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb