Au Revoir Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
September 6th 2009
Published: September 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today is our last day in France. We wake up early to take full advantage of the time that we have and head out for breakfast to Maison Angelina, on the Rue de Rivoli. This Salon de The, Patissier-Restaurant was founded in 1903 and was so beautiful. It overlooks the Jardin des Tuilleries. We each had a croissant and cafe. My cafe creme came with fresh whipped cream! What an indulgence!!!!!
After breakfast we walked to the Jardin des Tuilleries first to Place De La Concorde, past the Musee De L'Orangerie. There is a big fountain here surrounded by lounge chairs. All along the Jardin are restaurants and cafes. We pass police riding horses and joggers and other pedestrians. We walk the entire Jardin towards the Musee du Louvre. It was a beautiful farewell to Paris and France.
We walk back to the hotel where we have arranged for a taxi to take us to the airport. We initially were going to take the Metro and a train but at this point we were so tired and our suitcases were getting heavier and heavier so we decided a taxi would make our last day of travel luxurious. Just to give you a sense of how expensive Paris is, our taxi ride cost E71.70! Yes, our final splurge in Paris! It was about a 45 minute ride to Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) which is the largest airport serving Paris and the second busiest passenger airport in Europe after London Heathrow. We had time for a drink and snack at the Delta Lounge as we waited to depart. Boarding was uneventful and our departure was almost on time (unlike our departure from Atlanta!). We made it home to Atlanta where we collected our suitcases and went through customs. We had a 3 hour delay in Atlanta and we so anxious and tired and ready to come home. Our flight to Tampa departed on time and we were met by Maxine at Tampa International Airport around 10 pm (this was 4 am Paris time) before coming home.
I will always have wonderful memories of our vacation in France...from the people we met, to the places we visited, to the wine and champagne we drank and of course to the wonderful French food.
Au Revior!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.229s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb