Paris


Advertisement
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 13th 2009
Published: June 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well it’s June, and I’m finally finding time to write about Paris, which I visited a month ago. I was expecting to be blown away by Paris, but I left there kind of unimpressed. That said, I can fully appreciate that five days, while longer than the average tourist gives it, is nowhere near long enough to fully appreciate the city. I reckon that given a few weeks or a month, I’d find what ... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

On the phone to Sarah and James.On the phone to Sarah and James.
On the phone to Sarah and James.

Video calls with the tower in the background... how techno of me.



14th June 2009

sublime
Can't remember the waiter, although the hot chocolate was SUBLIME! I sampled a few cafes, before settling on one in Rue Cler, near Rue de Grenelle. Hot chocolate made from real Valhrona chocolate, complete with a sample sliver - bliss! Even gave up my mandatory latte for hot choc for a few days.. Lots of good food shops on Rue Cler, as well as a great Sunday (food) market. Don't miss the smelly smelly cheese shop! My enduring lerv for Paris continues - next time, one month. To be fair though - Cinque Terre, Italy was our fav spot for this trip overall. ;-)
15th June 2009

Love the commentary and photos
I am going to Paris in October with family and friends to celebrate my birthday. I really enjoyed your commentary and photos. Can you share with me where you stayed. The hotel room view you got for Clare is phenominal!Lucky girl! We were going to stay in the Marais district also but opted for the Hotel Muguet near the Eiffel Tower (for the views).
18th June 2009

Paris
G'day. We stayed at the Hotel Splendid. Imaginative name... hotel-splendid-paris.com All of the rooms have window views, but being a wedge shaped building, only the double superior rooms look directly at the tower.
19th September 2009

Great Pics
Paris is amazing no? While true there is a Mc Donalds on the Champs de Eleysee you can have a glass of wine with your Big Mac! Your tower view was much better than the one our hotel. For ten euros a night extra we could see the tip of the tower if you weren't afraid to lean out the window and crick your neck 90 degrees or so.

Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0181s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb