Blog 11 Monday June 1st


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 2nd 2009
Published: June 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was our free day and 8 other people and I decided to go to Paris. We left on our train at 7:15 a.m. and this would be the first time I have ever been on a train. Once we arrived we decided to catch the metro to the Eiffel Tower, which was my first time on a subway as well. We got all day metro passes which I highly recommend because they were cheap and convenient. While we were there we noticed that there were military guys walking around with machine guns which were very scary. When we got there the line was really long so we decided not to go up and catch a boat tour instead. The boat tour was great because it stopped at all the major tourist sites, which was great to save us time. The next stop we made was Notre- Dame which was beautiful; we also didn’t climb to the top of this one due to long lines. After that we went to Arc de Triomphe, and the Louvre. By the time we got done with those few sites we were really tired and decided to have a few drinks at a café until our train arrived. I can honestly say Paris was not exactly was I expected. It smelled like Pee where ever we went and Paris just seemed dirty. I expected for such a tourist attraction city for it to be cleaner.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0507s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb