Ah-ah-ah, au francois.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 14th 2006
Published: January 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The EiffelThe EiffelThe Eiffel

What a start to the tour...
Woke up 5 am, went to meeting place for the beginning of the tour. The rest just made the bus, by a solid 10 seconds (we were driving out of the place when they turned up). A few hours of driving, and we went to the white cliffs of dover (self explanatory) and then across on a massive ferry from dover to france. Another few hours more driving and a short break before we arrived in paris. Entered our hotel, unpacked a bit of stuff, then went on a tour around the city at night. This was quite cool, cause there was a ton of places to see and they were all lit up and looked fantastic. So we went around the place getting a short history of each building. As we went up to one building our tour guide directed us to look for an engraved 'N', as Napoleon had stayed here and this apparently was a trademark of his. So the entire bus is looking out the left window and then...'Now if you would turn to your right'...and theres the walk to the Eiffel tower, where we found out as a surprise we were about to climb it. So, got that out of the way, and yes more amazing views. and photos. bed around 1am, solid start to the tour.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0182s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb