Change of Plans


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 10th 2008
Published: October 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post


We are at the moment in Paris, France. Our location was supposed to be Grenoble, France, but what can you do? (prebook your train to Grenoble... that's what). Next stop tonight will be off the metro on our way to a very expensive hostel. Did I say hotel? No. But we are in good spirits and are looking forward to our lovely night here. (in a room, with 8 other people) 😊

So what will we do? We will wander and find a kebab stand. Maybe look longingly at the Eiffel Tower, etc. etc. etc.

Ireland is no longer an issue. Ask us later. Don is apparently used to have everyone stare at him, Susan is not. But alas, she feels much more at home in France and Don plays the part well with his fancy cigarettes and nonchalant gait.

Two days ago we took the ferry from Ireland over to Cherbourg, France and had a nice time walking about getting plenty of "Bon Soir's" from the friendly neighbors, a welcome change from often cool exchanges with the Irish. Craich this! Next trip to Ireland will be in much more remote towns such as Dingle (we spent one night there, should have spent a week). Very friendly people and absolutely gorgeous, complete with their own dolphin in the harbor.

Tomorrow we hop a train to Grenoble for one night before heading to Genova, Italy. On from there will be a few days near La Cinque Terre and possibly somewhere very special... which we will sneakily keep to ourselves until we see if it is possible!

Paris is waiting... Bon Soir!

Advertisement



10th October 2008

Susan, you will get used to have people stare at you eventually. I got used to it 18 years ago! Keep your spirit strong. Genova sounds very good. :-)
10th October 2008

changes are GOOD!
Changes in plans just add to the adventure! I agree that the little remote towns in Ireland are best...but now you can experience France and Italy! There is already talk of frost in Bellingham...but it's still sunny!
14th October 2008

Whuzs up!!!
Y'all sound like you're doing fantastic! Tired of each other yet? :) We finally got to look at all your pics - we've been moving! But we'll fill you in when you get back. You guys got some rocking pics and stories though!! Keep em coming! Wes says "Hi". Love you guys - take care of yourselves.

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb