Running in Montmartre and the Family in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
December 22nd 2005
Published: December 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

I just got back from my second « run » since I have been in Paris (there are some that prefer to call what I do « jogging » but I like to humor myself and think of it as running). My heart feels like it is about ready to shut down, my lungs are screaming and my head hurts - I think I must be out of shape ! Justin, Marshal and Dad are here and run the steps up and down the hill of Sacre Coeur - so they inspired me to test out my all to white, hardly broken in tennis shoes that I brought from the States. So, consensus is that the Berkeley fire trail wins hands down over the running experience in Paris. But, it did feel good to get the blood pumping again.

So, the familia is here for Christmas ! This is quiet a different Paris trip than the one we took together four years ago. It is much much more relaxing since we have all seen much of Paris, or at least parts of it already. My parents and brothers are staying in a nice apartment right near me, so they leisurely wake up, the boys go for a run, we all have a breakfast of croissants and baguette, butter and coffee ; and then someone voices some sort of idea of where we should go and we head out at about lunch time. HUGE difference from the 8 o’clock starting time all of our last Paris trip. I think my parents have realized they have 2 teenage boys who need sleep. And these teenage boys are much more willing to go to the Museums than the last time they were here. No complaining at all, though Justin does say that one museum a day is quite enough - but I am in full support of that theory as well.

So far we have visited the Cluny Museum (Medieval paintings jewelry, the tapestry with the lady and the unicorn; etc) and the Left Bank, eaten several times with Paul-Toussaint and Madeleine, seen Victor Hugo’s house at Place des Vosges, eaten Kosher food in the Marais, seen King Kong in English, done some shopping and lots and lots of good, terrific, amazing eating, the thought of which ALSO inspired that run. Today I think we are going to hit the Louvre and a very famous chocolate shop, Angelina's, and then tonight my friend Michelle who is studying in Italy comes into town. It has been so nice to see the family and now I get to see one of my best friends so this should be a very Merry Christmas for me.


Heading over to the apartment for my morning share of yummy baguette and croissant. Merry Christmas to all, much love, Winnie



Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

me and the brothersme and the brothers
me and the brothers

i love these boys!!
eating!!eating!!
eating!!

we ate the best mussels with blue cheese at 'the cercle'
eating!!eating!!
eating!!

le cercle again - right near luxembourg gardens - very good food
daddad
dad

at my parents' old apartment - these are those famous gates my dad threatened to tear down if the security gaurd wouldn't open them when my mom's water broke
winter time! winter time!
winter time!

near my apartment
winter time! winter time!
winter time!

the vineyard in Montmartre
place des vosgesplace des vosges
place des vosges

near vitor hugo's house


Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0418s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb