Biking in the Rain


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 22nd 2008
Published: August 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

LunchLunchLunch

Hot chocolates to warm up the hands and baguette.
20TH August
Left McDonalds and started to get worried that I had programmed in the wrong address. The roads were not getting busier; there were not a lot of houses. We continued to pass large fields of straw and sunflowers. Then were no fences just field after field. It was after 5 o’clock now and the headache was fast approaching.
Then I saw a sign - Val-sur-seine camping, thank goodness. I had programmed Amy correctly and she had managed to get us here without any miss cues to paddocks of straw. We drove into the camping ground very relieved. Pine trees everywhere and the river Seine 100m walk away. Lakes scattered around us with swimming, boats, fishing, and all sorts of things. But it’s still raining softly. Kids everywhere here. Mason’s already found someone to play ping pong with.
Everyone’s in bed now. Got an early start into Paris. Have to meet our bike tour group at the south leg of the Eiffel tower tomorrow at 11. It’s about 1 hour to Paris from here on the train. We’ll pick up our baguettes before we go from the camping office - ordered them when we registered. Yum

21st August
Awoke
Paris in the RainParis in the RainParis in the Rain

We all want Calfornia Cruisers now!
to the sound of the rain drumming onto Hugo. But we went anyway. Baugettes in the bag and off we went. Found the train station but had no idea what tickets to get. The station had no information desk. Bought two really cheap tickets and shoved the children through the barrier with us. We funnily enough got to Paris - then caught the metro to the eiffel tower we even managed to find our tour group. Gareth and I were ready to back out - it was raining really hard and we were getting extremely wet but the kids didn't want to quite. So we did it.

The kids loved it rain and all. We went to some many different historic sights, most of which I can't spell. But it is a brilliant way to see a city and work out what you want to go back too. Anton and mason want to go back and see the War museum, Lourve and walk up the effiel tower. What Gareth and I found hard today was the cost of getting around the city. There are no travel cards as such and they simply charge each time you use the metro. It cost $16 euros for two trips and then 46 euros for two train rides. London is better geared for the traveller. So should I say the budget traveller. Tomorrow we're going in by train and then walking everywhere. Blake was amazing today on the back of Gareth's bike. Gareth said that Blake was pushing him along - "Dig it in bro" I heard a lot from Blake. Mason and Anton were up the front with the guide showing him how to do skids on Calfornia Cruise bikes. Which don't skid that easy believe me. The seats are so big that they are couch size. The handle bars are like the old choppers. Fantastic. Then we had plastic rain coats on - we looked great!!! Fantastic day had by all even with the rain.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb