Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 10th 2008
Published: August 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Photo 30Photo 30Photo 30

Kim, Dan, Tom, Stacy, Theresa, Chris, Kathleen
Paris:

We had a 6 hour layover in Paris on the way to the south of France and a surprise overnight layover on the way back. Even more surprising, my sister Kathleen (who lives in London) had sent me an email right before we headed back to Delhi. She mentioned that she would be in Paris celebrating birthdays in Paris with friends at the time we were connecting for our flight to Delhi. So when Air France screwed up our connection and couldn’t fly us out of Paris until 24 hours later than their promised time, we spent the day in Paris with Kathleen and her crew. You may remember my sister Kathleen from several of our blogs: London, Ranthanborne, Rajasthan, Agra , Nepal , etc.

Well, we met Kathleen, Chris, Stacy, Theresa, and Tom at the Pantheon in Paris . Tom is our cousin from Chicago and he flew in for the weekend. Chris is Kathleen’s boyfriend who you may recall from our London blog. Stacy is one of Kathleen’s first American friends living in London and a country music fan. When Stacy heard Kim’s uncle is George Jones, Stacy told us about her high school year-book saying, “If it ain’t country its crap.” Theresa is Kathleen’s friend from Canada, living in London, who is thinking of moving to Australia. This just in ... hot off the press ... from Theresa--"Dan, WTF - Canada ?? I’m from Minnesooooooota!"

We all took a boat ride down around Notre Dame and then walked around the city and goofed-off all day. It was great spending the day with them and what a great surprise that my sister and cousin Tom were unexpectedly in Paris.


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.117s; Tpl: 0.041s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0474s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb