Paris was french


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 10th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So. Paris as you can see was a photographic dream. Many awesome things, buildings older than NZ 6 times over etc. We will definitely be going back many times so must learn french this time. We lived on baguettes and croque monsier since we coul't really figure out what the rest was. One piece of advice...those FAST TALK FRENCH/weekend away phrase books are pretty much fuckin useless unless you are only going there for 20 mins at the airport.... It SEEMS to have what you need when planning your trip until you get there and realise it has bugger all in it and none of the wods on menus/signs are actually in your phrasebook. SO, you have been warned!!!!!!!! Buy a normal size phrasebook/dictionary or just learn it.
Our hotel was small but was nice enough and had a little view of the tower so was all good.
Noone was rude to us though there were a few giggles when we attempted to ask for things with our noses in the phrasebook!!! Really I think if you try and are polite yourself then it's no different to any other city manners wise.
Aside from our 1litre beers at the fair and one glass of wine with dinner Paris was dry. The livers needed a rest after all day everday in Phuket hahah
We are now in England at Vic's place so next entry!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb