Marché de la Bastille


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We got up late today and went to the open air Marché de la Bastille market for some fresh food. We bought 3 kinds of cheese (blu, chevor, and brie), we got a baguette and fresh lettuce, cucumbers, tomato's, red bell pepper, apples, pears and some wine too.

We came back and took a shower and made some italian coffee and a beautiful little lunch.

Later we headed over to the Louvre because it's free the first Sunday of the month, but we got there too late, because they stopped letting people in an hour before close. (we were there at 5:15 and they close at 6). So we just walked up the Tuleries and Champs Eliase and window-shopped up to the Arc de Triumphe.

It began to rain on us so we jumped back down into the Metro and made our way home. There we made a lovely little salad with our produce and got some olive oil and vinegar from the shop downstairs for the dressing. Again, more bread and cheese. We're eating like Kings for oh so cheep.

A little midnight stroll around our Marais neighborhood to explore and we were done for the evening.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0269s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb