This Picnic was a Triumph...Arc de Triomph.


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 3rd 2008
Published: July 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Bonjour!
We have arrived in beautiful Paris, France. On the way there, the group stopped at Platform 9 and 3/4 and took embarrassing touristy pictures. Of course, we enjoyed every minute of it.
This is coming at you from the "Young and Happy" Hostel and we are indeed young and happy. The night we got in, we walked around the Latin Quarter, passed by Notre Dame (very pretty when lit at night) and ate a yummy butter-filled dinner at the restaurant next door. We hit the sack early to ready ourselves for a fun filled day at the Louvre and Eiffel Tower.
Today was a definite success. After thoroughly exhausting our feet in the Louvre, seeing the Mono Lisa, Oath of the Horati, Liberty Leading the People and many more, our stomachs were yelling for food (through the voice of Parker). Eleni has too hungry to push for her much desired picnic, but Parker urged her to be patient and it eventually worked out for the best. We purchased two loafs of French bread, three types of cheese, grapes, cookies, a table cloth some dark chocolate. Then it was time for the long walk to the Eiffel Tower. Through the winding streets of Paris, Adi began to doubt Eleni's confidence in her sense of direction, Sam lost the milk chocolate, and Nolan continued to be the group's most easy-going guy. Then, of course, it began to pour (rain, that is). The group sprinted in the direction of the tower, quickly losing faith in what was supposed to be the perfect picnic. But when they finally arrived, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and they enjoyed the truly quintessential Paris picnic.

It is now time for a night out on the town. Goodbye for now!

P.S. ADI'S BAG FINALLY ARRIVED! WOO!

Headline of the Week: "Police Sorry for Puppy Ad that Upset Muslims"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.245s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb