Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 18th 2008
Published: June 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 10th June - Thursday 12th June

We arrived in Paris around 3am after a convoluted journey through Belgium (it took 4 trains to get from Ypres to Paris.) We fond our hotel (Le Pavilion close to the Eifel tower) and then went exploring. It was a very warm day so walking around it got quite hot. We walked down to the Eiffel tower and had a look around the park.

That night Brenda’s friend Thierry took us out to dinner. We first went to Notre Dame cathedral (where a concert was taking place so we couldn’t go inside) after this we walked around past the louver and also saw people picnicking on the bridge across the river. After a bit more walking we went to a pub had some drinks (Brenda fond a Strawberry beer she liked) and a tasty dinner.

The next day was Brenda’s Birthday. We slept in, went tot the tower again but decided it was too cold to head up. We then headed off to do some shopping. did some more sight seeing went past the louver, and walked up the Champ Elyse towards the Arc de Triumph.

Once there we walked back to our hotel which was pleasant but tiring. After a rest we went to dinner at a nice restaurant. All in all a very nice day.

The next day we check out of the hotel. That day it was raining (the first real day of rain for our whole trip ) so it cut down some of our options. We found a shopping mall and spent some time there. That night Thierry took us to Versailles which was very pretty. After this Thierry took us back to his place where we had a nice traditional French dinner. The next morning Thierry took us to the train station where we boarded our train for Geneva.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb