Day 9 - The chick with the sexy smile and big rack


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 15th 2008
Published: May 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today was the day for some more sightseeing around Paris. We started off the day by heading to the Eiffel Tower. We weren't going to climb it to the top, but just wanted to see it up close. It is a really impressive structure - I can't believe that it was ever going to be temporary!

We then went for a 60 minute tour along the Seine. Being on a boat with a bunch of other tourists and noisy school children wasn't at all romantic, but it was a good way to see everything. British schoolkids really do live up to the stereotype of being obnoxious.

After that we found a bus route to take us to the Notre Dame. It really is an impressive building. As a church, I would actually say it is more impressive than St Peters Basilica.

At this stage, the weather was starting to look a little bit dicey, but we pressed on. We got on another bus (the buses are as easy to use as the metro) and went to the 1st arrisondment. I wanted to do one thing specifically - go to the main Chanel store. Once we got there, I was actually a bit too intimidated to go inside. There are guys in suits standing at the entrances, and here's me in wearing some daggy sneakers and carrying a nondescript handbag. It was still cool to look at the window displays though.

We then headed off towards the Louvre. At this point the weather was looking a bit dicey, and sure enough, about halfway there it started raining quite heavily. But we invested in a couple of umbrellas and it was all good.

The Louvre is absolutely massive. Not being a particular art lover though, we were really only there to see the famous ones - the Venus de Milo & the Mona Lisa, as well as a couple of other cool ones. The Mona Lisa particuarly is fantastic. It is amazing how her eyes follow you from any angle.

We were pretty tired by this stage, so it was time to call it a day. For a bit of a change in food on the way home, we got Thai, which was really nice.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.021s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb