The Journey Begins


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 1st 2007
Published: October 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

View Our Progress!

Well, today we are off on our trip around the world, which will end in Australia in December? January? Dare we hope for February? Well, whenever the money runs out, anyway. We start in Paris, the city of light, some say the most romantic city in the world. We are going with virtually no expectations (or really any prior planning for that matter!) which makes for an interesting trip.

The past few days have been hard for Sabrina (and a little for Chris as well), knowing it will be some time until she sees her parents, her family, and of course or sweet dog, Reece. It was a great couple of weeks, though. The wedding was amazing (thanks to all of you who made it that way), our families spent some time together, and good friends came by to send us on our way.

Now we start a new chapter, which will no doubt be an adventure. It is bittersweet to leave one life for another, especially knowing how many people's heats are aching. But we are eager to see what the world has to offer. Bring it on, we are ready, and hopefully we will experience what we have set out to encounter - new people, new languages, new foods, and more importantly a new view of the big Earth.

If you are the praying type, throw a few our way if you feel so inclined. If not, raise a glass or throw a penny in the fountain - we could use all the well wishes you have to spare. And sign up on this blog so you will know when we publish our next post. We will do so as often as we can, and of course include pictures! Stay tuned...

Sabrina and Chris

Advertisement



1st October 2007

I love you both and am looking forward to hearing about your travels.
1st October 2007

Love you!
I have subscribed to your blog and look forward to entries. I sincerely wish the both of you the best (and longest!) honeymoon ever. You will be missed!
2nd October 2007

Missing you!
Hey guys just wanted to give a shout out and tell you both how much I miss you already and I hope you have a great time!!! I know you will. I know these past days have been hard leaving. Just know that you will be in our thoughts. Cheers to many many amazing adventures!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb