Sort your shit our France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 27th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We are in Paris at the moment, just about to leave for Normandy and it has finally stopped raining!
It has rained almost every night, but luckely not during the days, since we hit Europe and our little tent was getting pretty wet!
But it looks like it will be fine for a while, yesterday was a nice 30°.
After leaving Belgium we stayed in a small French village before going to Champaigne. The highlight of the Champaigne region for us was a tour of the Moet & Chandon cellars, they have 25km of them under Epernay, followed by a few glasses of their Vintage champaigne, then some regular Moet, then some of their sweet champaigne.... So after that lot it didnt take much persuading to pick up a bottle on our way out! After all that we decided the Vintage champaigne is pretty darn good, although we will probably never be able to buy it again.
After Epernay we drove to Paris, via a minor incident of nearly running out of fuel. Its not our fault that every small town garage was having their mid day nap!
We have now just had 2 days in Paris, which we have packed a lot into.
The Catacombes, they were amazing and more bones than we need to see for a while.
Notre Dame, not so impressed after the Koln cathedral.
The Louve, we only scratched the surface but the egyption stuff was cool. We were amazed hoa big it was.
The Champs Elisse.
The Arc de Triomph, it really is big!
The Eiffle tower, worth the 3 hour wait to the top.

Finally, France, the rest of the world is doing it, it wouldnt be too hard. Pick your dog shit up off the pavement!

We will get some photos up soon as well as putting up the Belgium blog;

Richard and Anna


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The CatacombesThe Catacombes
The Catacombes

The bones just went on and on, we were probably walking around for an hour
A mummyA mummy
A mummy

Part of the Egyption display at the Louvre
Paris at night from the Eiffle tower 2Paris at night from the Eiffle tower 2
Paris at night from the Eiffle tower 2

the white beam is a spotlight shining from the tower


Tot: 0.192s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb