The puppet show at Luxembourg Gardens


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 5th 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post


So, since Lillie had such a long nap yesterday afternoon we were up early with a plan to go to the Louvre. There is no admission charge the first Sunday of the month, and since we just happen to be here the first Sunday of August, I thought we would go early and get in line. Once we arrived, however, I noted that the entire city appeared to have the same plan, as people were queued up for about 3 miles. Scratch that plan. We kept walking on toward the Marais district. It has a Jewish population so there would be alot of shops that are open, plus it's heavily gay which lends a coolness factor to many of the shops that remain open. Aside from all that, the Musee Carnavalet and the Picasso Museum are also here among many others.

First we wandered through the Church of St. Eustache which has a beautiful courtyard and statuary, and then the underground shopping mall at Les Halles which is right alongside. The shops were closed except for the movie theaters and McDonalds. There is a Pimkie there (Lillie's new favorite shop) so I told Lillie wecould come back the next day to eat at McDonald's and shop at Pimkie.

We wandered further into the Marais and were on our way to the park when we noticed a Stock shop that carried D&G, Gucci, Versace, and all that, styles from last season for "cheap." So the Gucci belt in the window was still 150 Euros. But it was a deal, so we bought it. No we didn't really! Yes, we did. No. You'll find out the truth when we get home and I'm stylishly belted. But not really.

We (I) decided we were walking to Luxembourg Gardens to watch the puppet show. It was 150 degrees today and Lillie again started to crab-out on me, mostly because we couldn't find a place where she wanted to eat. As I was about to crack her one, she quickly came to her senses and decided the Japanese restaurant would be a great place to have lunch. She had her yakitori and cheered up. We headed over to the gardens on the other side of the river. Again, lots of walking involved, and more crabiness ensued. We got to the gardens and figured out where the marionette theater was. Bought a couple bottles of water from a guy wearing too much hand lotion, and sat on the benches awhile. Got to theater and saw the show. Cute. In French, of course, so no idea whatsoever about the story. It's totally for kids,and we knew that going in. But it was fun, too. I attached video.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb