Paris Weekend: Eurostar and EuroDisney


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 2nd 2007
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This weekend we returned to Paris. We treated this trip as our first trip as the first one was very rushed and we didn't get to meet up with Herve's family, only briefly. Herve very much wanted to see his family again and make a proper visit with everyone.

We had a lovely time. Of-course I put on a few more kilos in Paris with all the delicious food made by Herve's mother. She makes the best rabbit dish and cooks duck to perfection. It was such a shock because we came from England where the food is good but simple. to where the food is so rich and wine is drunk with every offering of food except breakfast . Also everyone opened up bottles of champagne for the prodigal son/brother/friend and set gorgeous tables laden with cheeses, luxury meats and salmon, huge dinners of rabbit, beef, tarts of all varieties (quiche, tomato etc) and desserts of all description. Not to mention all the tempting patisserie shops, cafes and the market offerings at La Varenne.

It was heavenly but my belly was so relieved to get back to the relatively boring food of England. I'm sure I was blind for the entire three days so my memory of certain events could be hazy.
Our visit to Herve's brother was great fun even though the rain tried to dampen our visit to a local theme park. Herve's cousin Vanessa was also there who is always both stunning and charming. The girls had a great day. We also visited Herve's friend and his family and had a lovely lunch and catch up.

Disneyland was great. The kids loved it. It was a nice sunny day with temperatures above 20 degrees. Quite good for the season. We thought it wouldn't be that crowded as we were going on a Monday outside the tourist season. Wrong. It was so busy. The queues for the major rides were about one hour. I can't imagine what it must be like on a summer during the week-end!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.577s; Tpl: 0.034s; cc: 11; qc: 66; dbt: 0.128s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb