3 countries...20 hours


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 27th 2007
Published: April 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

PARISPARISPARIS

notre dame
yes. you read that right. we were in 3 countries in less than 20 hours. we caught our bus in dublin at 8pm on sunday night. we then rode the damn thing for about 12 hours before getting off of it in london. since we had 4 hours before we needed to catch the eurostar to paris we decided to get a bite to eat and some coffee. we were very unfamiliar with the area that the bus dumped us off in so we wandered around london for a couple of hours...finally finding coffee and sandwiches. finally we made our way to waterloo station...checked-in...and jumped on a train to travel through the chunnel to paris. thats right...we traveled under the english channel in a train. pretty exciting huh? we arrived in paris about 4pm on monday. so there you go. 3 countries in 20 hours.

so here we are in paris. sorry it's taken us so long to update...it's now our last day here. we're failures. we know 😊 we couldn't find an internet cafe...and we don't speak any french so we've had problems getting around here.

we've seen so mush here it's hard to know where to
Sacre-CoerSacre-CoerSacre-Coer

i think that´s how its spelled....its the church on the hill...beautiful view of all of paris at night...
start.
the first night we were here we went up to montmartre, the only hill in paris. it's amazing up there. we'll try to post some pictures. you can see the entire city all lit up from up there.
during the days we have explores many museums including salvador dali, the lourve, and picasso. we're pretty sure that dali and picasso we're on drugs when they created their masterpieces...either that or they were insane 😊
we also went to notre-dame. its amazing. more amazing than either of us remembered.
a couple of days ago we made it to the top of the eiffel tower. it is such a great view from up there, but i'm not gonna lie...it was a little freaky 😊
last night we went back to the eiffel tower to watch the light show on the grass. it basically turned into a big party on the lawn. we met some great people too. a couple of girls saved us from a creeper. that was great. it turns out that the girls are from lebanon and syria. they are studying here. they were really nice and we ended up chilling with the for a while.
today we went
insideinsideinside

inside notre dame
to the zoo. shay's request for the day. we basically acted like little kids. it was a blast.
we've seen so much that its kinda hard to remember...making us realize how important it is to update this thing more often....

anyway. we're having an amazing time...and don't worry guys, we're being really really safe. probably overly cautious...if there's such a thing. we haven't even gone out at all to the bars because the french guys creep us out. maybe we'll hit one up tonight since it is our last night...

well, on to san sebastian, spain tomorrow 😊 we're pretty excited!! we miss you all and we hope everything is amazing at home!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

up close and personalup close and personal
up close and personal

with the eiffel tower
from the topfrom the top
from the top

of the eiffel tower
view from the topview from the top
view from the top

of the eiffel tower
view from the topview from the top
view from the top

of the eiffel tower
view from the topview from the top
view from the top

of the eiffel tower
it glitters at nightit glitters at night
it glitters at night

it´s so beautiful :)
notre dame...againnotre dame...again
notre dame...again

from its backside
jardin du luxemburgjardin du luxemburg
jardin du luxemburg

a beautiful giant park
jardin du luxemburgjardin du luxemburg
jardin du luxemburg

shay being a statue
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

a cute petite panda bear...
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

flamingoes!!
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

my new pet...i want this bunny :)
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

tortoise!!
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

Camel!!
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

monkey! what kind? i don´t remember
the zoothe zoo
the zoo

baby monkey!


27th April 2007

I want pictures!!!
We sure miss you! Be safe! Don't you leave for Spain in a couple of hours?
29th April 2007

:-)
You look like you are having such a blast. You are so brave... I get scared traveling in places that don't speak English! Praying for you both. Have fun for us... oh I will myspace message you our phone number!
6th May 2007

PARIS!
Shaylea you look so cute in the jardin du luxemburg picture, it makes me miss you even more :( DID YOU BUY MY EARRINGS?! Its okay if you didnt.. because im supposed to be YOUR sugar daddy right now.

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb