More of Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 4th 2005
Published: July 4th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We are in Reims but we have some more Paris stuff, along with gratuitous twists on the phrase "not ready for prime time," to lay on you. Enjoy.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Louvre:  Behind the ScenesLouvre:  Behind the Scenes
Louvre: Behind the Scenes

Near the Venus de Milo at the Louvre, you could peek into a courtyard filled with antiquities that weren't ready for prime time. Kind of an funny scene. The statues look like actors in a green room, running through their lines.
Mona LisaMona Lisa
Mona Lisa

Another funny scene. Here is the crowd in front of the Mona Lisa. Fun activity: try to count the number of people actually looking at the painting.
Eiffel Tower after midnightEiffel Tower after midnight
Eiffel Tower after midnight

The City of Light. That odd white beam is from a rotating searchlight on top of the Tower. That odd metal thing? I don't know what that's all about.
Self-portrait with strobelightsSelf-portrait with strobelights
Self-portrait with strobelights

At the top of every hour, all night, the Eiffel Tower erupts with strobe lights. (The effect is kind of like when a whole stadium full of people are taking flash pictures.) We took this self-portrait at the top of the tower by opening the shutter for 1/4 second and letting the strobes act as flashes. Unfortunately too many went off in a quarter-second so it's a bit blurry.
Eiffel TowerEiffel Tower
Eiffel Tower

Looking straight up from the first level. Allow me to quote travel dork Rick Steves at his least ready for primetime: "The tower is an awesome thing to see at twilight, when it becomes engorged with light and virile Paris lies back and lets night be on top."


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb